Re: xorg-6.9.0 on Sid?

Hugo Vanwoerkom writes:

> 1. I start a network intensive task anywhere, e.g. a download
> 2. Make sure tleds is running
> 3. I select Alt+Ctrl+F1 and then end up in a VT console #1 I see the
> LEDs blink
> 4. I select Alt+Ctrl+F7 and end up in X, whatever I did there before,
> The LEDs do *not* blink there.

I am unable to reproduce this. In step 4. the LEDs keep blinking in my
case, while I am doing a

$ wget http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.19.tar.gz

So obviously you are having the same issue no matter the kernel
used. It could be an issue between your hardware and tleds, or
something else, I'm not sure.

I just want to add, to downgrade xorg only to fix the issue you are
having with tleds would be an overkill, IMHO.

To a have a working version of tleds doesn't seem to outweight the
advantages of an up-to-date xorg installation (e.g. enhancements,
security vulnerabilities fixes, working dependencies, etc.).

--
-- Jhair