Re: xorg-6.9.0 on Sid?

Mathias Brodala wrote:
Hello Hugo.

Hugo Vanwoerkom, 06.01.2007 19:44:
How would I go about backlevelling xorg to 6.9.0 on Sid?

Since there have been a lot of changes from 6.9→7.0→7.1, you should completely
purge your current Xorg and install the packages from s.d.n[0].

But why do you want to downgrade your Xorg, if you allow this question?

[0] http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2006/04/05/debian/pool/main/x/xorg-x11/

I like tleds[1]

Blinks the keyboard LEDs with net traffic. (I have 2 keyboards)
On kernel <2.6.18 it blinks the LEDs in VT consoles or X.
On kernel >=2.6.18 it only blinks VT consoles, no X. Unless you recompile it and then it will blink only the ScrollLock LED on X and nothing on VT's

I thought it was the kernel that made the diff, but postings on the ck-list[2] show that it was run OK on 2.6.19-ck2 but under xorg 6.9.0, suggesting that it is somehow an interrelation between xorg 7.1.0-6 (what I have, Sid) *and* the kernel, because the poster has 2.6.19-ck2 and the same tleds, but a backleveled version of xorg (6.9.0)
So I wanted to try xorg 6.9.0.

Long explanation ;-)

[1] http://packages.debian.org/unstable/utils/tleds
[2] http://bhhdoa.org.au/pipermail/ck/2007-January/006537.html