Re: xorg-6.9.0 on Sid?

Jhair Tocancipa Triana wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom writes:

Jhair Tocancipa Triana wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom writes:

Jhair Tocancipa Triana wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom writes:

Jhair Tocancipa Triana wrote:
I've just installed it and tleds works fine with

,----[ /var/log/Xorg.0.log ]
| X Window System Version 7.1.1
| Release Date: 12 May 2006
| X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 7.1.1
| Current Operating System: Linux golem 2.6.18.1 #4 Sun Nov 12 03:28:04
| CET 2006 x86_64
`----

(vanilla kernel).

I am going to try that same kernel: vanilla 2.6.18.1.

I am also leaving out a patch from here:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~spock/projects/vesafb-tng/
that I always include. Just 2.6.18.1 and tleds.

I'll report back. Thanks for replying so promptly

Good luck.

I've just noted the following: Usually I do use an external USB
keyboard for my laptop since I don't like the default keyboard. The
LEDs in my USB keyboard blink when there is network traffic (as
expected).

However, on the default keyboard they LEDs don't work no matter if my
USB keyboard is plugged in or not.

So the bottom line is (in my case) tleds works on my laptop only with
my external USB keyboard.

HTH,

Just tried vanilla 2.6.18.1 from kernel.org + Sid tleds:

the LEDs do *not* blink in X but *do* blink in the VT consoles.

On your default keyboard, do the LEDs blink in the VT's?

Hugo