Re: xorg-6.9.0 on Sid?

Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> writes:

> Jhair Tocancipa Triana wrote:
>> However, on the default keyboard they LEDs don't work no matter if my
>> USB keyboard is plugged in or not.
>>
>> So the bottom line is (in my case) tleds works on my laptop only with
>> my external USB keyboard.

> Just tried vanilla 2.6.18.1 from kernel.org + Sid tleds:

> the LEDs do *not* blink in X but *do* blink in the VT consoles.

Maybe there is a missunderstanding.

With "do blink in the VT console" I understand the following:

>From within X I switch to a VT console (say Ctrl+F1). In the VT
console I start a network intensive task (e.g. wget). Here the LEDs
blink as expected.

With "do blink in X" I understand the following:

>From within X I start a terminal program (say xterm). In xterm I start
a network intensive task (e.g. wget). Here the LEDs blink.

> On your default keyboard, do the LEDs blink in the VT's?

My default keyboard is the USB external one (I use the keyboard of my
laptop rarely). In the USB external keyboard the LEDs seem to work
properly.

I fail to understand how in your case choosing a VT console or an X
application makes any difference. It should be irrelevant since tleds
monitors network traffic. I think there is our missunderstanding.

Regards,

--
-- Jhair