Re: aptitude --mind-your-own-business option?

On (05/12/06 14:43), Florian Kulzer wrote:
> I cannot predict what the future will bring. I can say, however, after
> using aptitude on two Sid systems for almost a year and doing
> "dist-upgrade" nearly every single day, that aptitude seems to be a lot
> less dangerous than what has been claimed by some people. (This is not
> directed at you, Mike, I am just getting a bit fed up with the
> aptitude-related fear mongering that I have seen on this list recently.)

I'll second that; moving from stable to sid some three years ago,
aptitude and apt-listbugs have kept me out of trouble on my main
production workstation and other systems on the same box.  Aptitude has
also come a long way over that period with suggested fixes for broken
dependencies etc.

I've used the graphical front ends such as Synaptic but they don't see
to give the same level of control.

It just takes a little time to get used to it :)

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...