aptitude --mind-your-own-business option?

I've periodically tried using aptitude, but always get scared off
when it seems to "run away".   I'm sure it knows what's best for my
machine ;-), but is it possible to override this behavior?

  $ sudo aptitude install wmmoonclock -s
  The following packages are unused and will be REMOVED:
    groff imagemagick libconfig-inifiles-perl perlmagick python2.3 python2.3-iconvcodec
    rcs texi2html weblint
    wmmoonclock
  0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 9 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
  Need to get 0B/158kB of archives. After unpacking 21.2MB will be freed.
  Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]

The first time I tried this I'm afraid I didn't look "very closely" at the
REMOVED lines.  Silly of me not to suspect that aptitude would choose
this time to do a clean-up of some sort, and not just install the simple
little program I asked it for.

It's odd that I can use apt-get without any hint of these problems.

Per another thread, I tried to use the "unmarkauto" command to fix things,
but apprently the need to clean things up is still there

  $ sudo aptitude unmarkauto '~M!~R~i'
  The following packages are unused and will be REMOVED:

I'll probably just go back to using apt-get, and probably everything
will be fine until the next time I decide to try aptitude.  Is there a
compelling reason to bother?

Ken

--
Ken Irving, fnkci@uaf.edu