Re: GPL X-rays

On Monday 04 December 2006 00:05, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 12/03/06 13:00, John Hasler wrote:
> > David Baron writes:
> >> just maybe I could get jpegs out of this thing ...
> >
> > No one would use lossy compression on medical x-rays.
>
> But those little bits of noise make life so interesting!!!

Before I had a working linux viewer, just wanted to look at images. I am not
nor pretending to be a radiologist. Nor would a radiologist read a 500x700
pixel image, jpegged or raw, on the screen (what the windows program saves a
jpeg is apparently the screen image, not a compression of the main data).