Re: what's the killer app for GNU/Linux systems?

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe escribe:
> I don't know if we both on page 20, but Windows users are often at
> luck because because there far more Windows 'experts' than GNU ones;
> Windows help is easily at hand; Windows software is all over the
> place; Also, my brother loves Debian (except that he wouldn't if I
> wasn't around), but has to dual-boot since he needs a Cubase or Reason
> (music production) which don't really have FLOSS equivalents...

Interconnecting different audio apps using jack is as funny as using
Reason. And an equivalent to Cubase depends on if he's using MIDI
(then Rosegarden or Muse should be tried) or mainly for mixing audio
(then Ardour which for many people is as powerful as ProTools.)

One can do audio and MIDI work with linux, it's a matter of changing
minds.

Cordially, Ismael
--
Ismael Valladolid Torres