Re: GPL X-rays

On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 00:00 +0100, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 16:05:04 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > >
> > > No one would use lossy compression on medical x-rays.
> >
> > But those little bits of noise make life so interesting!!!
>
> Is that a compression artifact or were you just happy to see the nurse?
>
> --
> Regards,
>           Florian

He-he. Good one!
But, just to clear things: jpeg is not neccesarily a lossy format -
although we usually make it lossy to save space.
So, be sure that you know what you are doing when you are being sued!
For example:
 - He came here after swallowing a piece of puzzle.
 - My dog suddenly ran in and that's his tail.
 - I explicitly asked the patient to smile but he refused to.
The possibilities are infinite.

(But the jpeg ITSELF is still not lossy, but it can be made to be.)

--
Szia:
                        Nyizsa.

Click to protect your business! Compare business insurance rates
http://tagline.bidsystem.com/fc/KCuXzzTyaHgAmEe1ZmyN9HeZXyPChK/