Re: can I use etch now? and 2 other questions

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 17:43 -0800, Serena Cantor wrote:
> I can't wait for etch official release. What's the difference between current etch and its
> official release? How much disk space does minimal etch installation require?

From the installation manual:
        "You must have at least 32MB of memory and 110MB of hard disk
        space. For a minimal console-based system (all standard
        packages), 250MB is required. If you want to install a
        reasonable amount of software, including the X Window System,
        and some development programs and libraries, you'll need at
        least 400MB. For a more or less complete desktop system, you'll
        need a few gigabytes."
See http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch02s05.html

> 1. how to compare 2 files? I try diff, not satisfied with it. Is there command similiar  to MS's
> fc?

Please describe what it is you want to do, or how "fc" works. Also take
a look at the different options for diff ("man diff" in a terminal).

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson