can I use etch now? and 2 other questions

I can't wait for etch official release. What's the difference between current etch and its
official release? How much disk space does minimal etch installation require?

2 common questions:

1. how to compare 2 files? I try diff, not satisfied with it. Is there command similiar  to MS's
fc?

2. given a directory and a string of text, how to use "find" to search files (in that
directory)that contains that text?