Re: Large file uploads via PHP

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 02:12:54AM -0500, Carl Fink wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 07:45:17PM -0500, John Miller wrote:
> > We have a user who wants to upload podcasts to her website via PHP forms
> > (Wordpress & Drupal).  Some of the podcasts are in the 60-minute+ range
> > and take up over 100MB.  Has anyone on the list had experience with this
> > sort of thing?
>
> Not answering your question, but that's way too big.  She needs to use
> better compression (unless that happens on the server end).

Does that work for podcast audio?

I do some audio work for my church and I digitally record the sermons at
the church, convert them to ogg and upload them.  A 30 minute clip is
usually in the neighborhood of 8-10 MB.  So, 100 MB for 60 minutes seems
ascessive, but i am not familiar with what format that is.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez