Re: rsync weirdness

On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 01:10:07AM -0400, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> >
> >have you lost the rsync-data on the receiving end? I actually use
> >rdiff-backup myself, but istm that if you lose the rsync data on the
> >receiving end, then it will try to sync everything. Maybe I don't
> >understand what you're doing though.
> >

> I don't think I have lost the rsync data.  Basically, what I do is:
>
> rsync -nave ssh ~/Documents/stuff/ remote:~/school/stuff/
>
> Even if have changed only one or two files, it still wants to transfer
> everything.
>
> I will check out rdiff-backup.

I think i'm sending you down the wrong road. rdiff-backup does
incremental backups of data using rsync to transfer the data.

but still, istm that for some reason rsync doesn't realise that you
haven't changed everything. maybe you need to go through it once and
then its alright after that? just a thought.