Re: mplayer packages for offline install

On 03/07/06, David E. Fox <dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com> wrote:
> mplayer are complete? Or would you suggest some way by which I can get
> only mplayer and it's dependencies from debian-multimedia.org?
> debmirror, perhaps?

An easy way would be to apt-get -d mplayer after making sure the box
has the appropriate lines included to define debian-multimedia.org as a
source (and doing the appropriate apt-get update, of course). That'll
download mplayer and any dependencies it needs that you don't already
have.

You could then burn them onto a CD or put them on a USB stick, but
since you're the one with the better bandwidth, again, have no idea
whether or not your efforts will duplicate anything that isn't already
on the first 8 disks. Even so, that's the preferable way to go anyway,
and a little bit of wasted space on possible duplicated files shouldn't
be an issue. Besides, ti'd be faster for you to get them rather than
attempt to d/l at the remote location.

True! I have enough space to waste/duplicate, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,