Re: lvm vs traditional partitioning

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 01:12:54PM -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:

[snip]

their systems. The advantage usually touted is that one can easily
add new discs. But I'd rather have one large disc than several small
ones, anyway. I suppose one who constantly installed one OS after
another and wanted ease of "repartitioning" could use it. So far,
I see no advantage for normal users. I am astounded that some distros
use LVM as the default.

that is astounding. talk about adding unneeded complexity (because it
does...). Who does that as the default?

Fedora Core 4. I haven't installed FC5 or FC6, so I don't know whether
they changed that later.

As far as "adding unnecessary complexity", put SELinux on that burner,
too.

[snip]

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.