Re: lvm vs traditional partitioning

On Friday 22 December 2006 23:05, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> I don't know about booting LVM, though. I
> think you still need traditional partitions for that.

You can, but you need your initramfs to load the appropriate modules.
(I do not - I prefer to make a standard size partition for Root, and
then use LVM to add logical volumes to that as and when necessary)

I have everything on raid but not lvm - but LVM I then use for

/var/cache
/usr/lib/openoffice
/usr/share/openclipart
/usr/src

as will as for
my home directory and several subdirectories of that
and a backup and archiving area

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk