Re: New Debian user

Niels Rasmussen wrote:

As of # 2
What is the syntax of the sudoers file ?? Or is there a smarter linux
command that'll do the trick ? (my linux capabilities has got quite
rusty over the years :-)
"man sudoers" is your friend. Well, maybe not your friend, but at least a usable resource....

For myself, I just duplicate the existing root line in /etc/sudoers and then change one of the roots to my user. Granted, this isn't particularly secure, but it's easy and adds a significant level of security to doing things as root.

--
Kent West
http://kentwest.blogspot.com <http://kentwest.blogspot.com/>