Re: New Debian user

Andrew Sackville-West skrev:
On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 03:11:34PM +0100, Niels Rasmussen wrote:
I wonder, if I put that LiveCD with Ubuntu back in, is there some
commands I can use to get all the info I need to install "Etch" ???

debootstrap. I'm sure ubuntu has got it. you can save yourself a
download and burn (sort of). Boot that live cd, use it to
partition your hd however you like, mount the new / partition and use
debootstrap to install the basic system. more details here:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apcs04.html.en

just point it to the debian mirrors and away you go. Its a little more
complicated than a straight install, but sure can teach you a lot
fast.

Naa I'll think I stick with the CD-installation.

btw:

Is this the correct place to download the "Etch" edition for my system ??

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/amd64/iso-cd/

/niller