Re: apt-get dist-upgrade failes on ssh [solved]

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 10:24 -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 10:18:14AM +0200, Hans du Plooy wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 22:28 -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> > > use dpkg with --force-all
> > Thanks, that did it.  Couldn't install telnetd because apt would moan
> > about the deps.  But at least I got ssh sorted out.  Now just apache
> > still seem to be broken - working on that.
>
> I'm glad (based on your other thread) that you got it sorted. It
> pretty amazing thethings one can do eh?

With enough coffee I can do anything :-)

BTW, the reason why apahce was giving me bullets was that when ssh
failed, the new version of apache2 had been installed, but not
configured.  After forcing the issues on ssh, I did apt-get dist-upgrade
again, and it just continued where it stopped before.  After that all I
needed to do was merge some configs, restart a few services (it's a UML
box, so I didn't even have to reboot it), and all is well again.

> > > might help. good luck. hey! maybe you'll get to take trip ;)
> > I'm actually making the trip in two weeks :-)
>
> so... you just couldn't wait to do the upgrade eh? ;-P

Actually the client were pressuring me for php5 and mysql5, and I prefer
using testing (at least when it's closer to becoming the new stable) to
backports.  Besides, I've setup several servers with Etch lately and
they're as stable as my woody and sarge servers - just more up to date.

Thanks
Hans