GNOME-bluetooth package AWOL in Etch i386?

Why isn't the gnome-bluetooth package included with Debian Etch
i386??? There seems to be a lot of confusion in this area, when I
google "Etch bluetooth". A lot of complaints about compiling the
package from source without a satisfactory "make", among other things.
Does anyone have a reliable HowTo on this issue? I just bought a
D-Link Bluetooth USB dongle that I would like to use sync my
SonyEricsson P800 with Evolution.

Cheers,

Brian