Re: Alsa needs reconfiguration after every reboot

On 12/19/2006 10:19 AM, vladimir.kozlov@idm.ru wrote:
I've just found the reason (at least on my laptop): the problem is with
esound package -

rover:/home/rover# ps aux | grep esd
rover     2655  0.0  0.4   2048   580 ?        S    18:39   0:00
/usr/bin/esd -nobeeps

prevents alsa from working. After alsaconf there is no esd running, but
after reboot it appears again.
How to disable esd on bootup - I could not deistall the esound package
because it suggests to deinstall a gnome-desktop-environment package, and
deinstall of esound-common suggests to deinstall a lot of other packages,
that I would like to preserve as well...

Kind regards,

Vladimir.

To stop esd from starting up in Gnome, I believe I went into "Applications-> Desktop Preverences-> Sound." There I disabled the sound server startup.

--
paduille.4060.mumia.w@earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.18.spam/