Re: CVS Application

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 07:46:43PM -0800, rocky wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> apt-cahce search CVS will pull lots of CVS application on the console.
>> As a newbie to the Linux program development environment, I would like
>> to hear your valueble comments on your favorite CVS applications!
>>

> You almost certainly want to use subversion instead of cvs.  In fact,
> there is not one good reason to use cvs nowadays unless you have an
> application that has lots of history in CVS with complex branching and
> merging that won't translate well and you actually *need* access to all
> that history on a regular basis.  Essentially, you would be hard pressed
> to justify using CVS over subversion anymore.

Unless... they're not the maintainer of the repository.  Sometimes you
have to use cvs, and some people prefer cvs.  I think you're hard
pressed to justify using subversion over cvs either, since they're
mostly identically the same in functionality.

As for a cvs application, uhhh, I'll pick one :  viewcvs is pretty nice.

;)

Angelo