Advice on staying current

Hey all

Well, this is about the anniversary of week one as a Debian Etch user, and I must say, it has been a very cool experience so far. There have been a couple of hiccups, but as I haven't been able to reproduce them, I'll let those slide for now. Otherwise, this has been a great experience and I am loving having access to so many applications that install so well: what a breeze!!

Anyway, I just wanted to pick the collective brain here: short of doing a dist-upgrade with apt-get, or upgrading individual packages, is there a third way of ensuring that the system-wide software I am running is up-to-date (although, I don't want bleeding edge from Sid!!)?

Thanks for a steer.

Cheers

/A