Re: flashplayer9?

Marc Shapiro wrote:
I don't appear to have ANY version of flash currently installed --

$ aptitude search flash
p   flashplayer-mozilla             - Macromedia Flash Player
p   flashplugin-nonfree             - Adobe Flash Player plugin installer
p flashybrid - automates use of a flash disk as the root p libflash-dev - GPL Flash (SWF) Library - development file p libflash-mozplugin - GPL Flash (SWF) Library - Mozilla-compatib p libflash-swfplayer - GPL Flash (SWF) Library - stand-alone play p libflash0c2 - GPL Flash (SWF) Library - shared library p libroxen-flash2 - Flash2 module for the Roxen Challenger web p m16c-flash - Flash programmer for Renesas M16C and R8C p newsflash - gets news with the newnews command from a p vrflash - tool to flash kernels and romdisks to Agen

and

/$ locate libflashplayer.so
/mnt/Sarge/usr/lib/firefox/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/mnt/Sarge/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/mnt/Sarge/usr/lib/mozilla-snapshot-remove/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/mnt/Sarge/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/mnt/Sarge/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/share/libflashplayer.so
/mnt/Sarge/usr/lib/netscape/plugins-libc6/libflashplayer.so
/mnt/Sarge/usr/lib/opera/plugins/libflashplayer.so

These are all on my Sarge partitions. The only plugin in /usr/local/lib/firefox/plugins is libnullplugin.so.

But the site above loads and plays. How, if I don't have any flashplayer installed? Does firefox 2.0 have some version of flash compiled in?

I found references to v.7 in ~/.mozilla/firefox/pluginreg.dat but I really don't know how to change that without screwing everything up. One of the references pointed to a now non-existent directory under /usr/lib...

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.