Re: VCD no go with MPlayer.

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 22:24 +0100, Brian Durant wrote:
> Hi Sven,

Hi again, :)

> The below works fine:
>
> $ mplayer -ao esd  vcd://6
>
> I added '-ao esd' to the .mplayer/config file and now 'mplayer
> vcd://6' now returns the following:

It's actually ao=esd. A short configuration file would simply look like
this,

vo=xv,x11
ao=esd

You can look at the system wide configuration file
in /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf to get a clue for more options.

I'm not sure if you're used to these kinds of configurations files, but
the # in the beginning of files is a comment, so those options are
commented out and won't be used.

Most of the stuff in the configuration file isn't necessary but can be
useful. For example, the below two lines I use to set the default
languages when playing DVD movies. This will first try english then
swedish for subtitles and trying japanese, english and last swedish for
audio.

slang= en,sv
alang= ja,en,sv

--