Re: A market perspective on the impact of dunc-tanc

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 19:35 -0500, Kevin Mark wrote:
> Have you seen this?[0]
> > debian-desktop project has made for etch, etc. The design itself looks
> > like something stuck way back in 1998. The newly created debian sites
> > for debconf[1] by comparison looks modern and fresh.
> Cheers,
> Kev
> [0] http://times.debian.net/

Hi,

Yes I have, and I think it's a really good start.

However, the problem, as I see it, is that DebianTimes, and other sites,
isn't accessible from www.debian.org. It seems that people find it
easier to start new sites instead of extending, and keeping updated, the
main Debian site. That's the one people see when they type in
www.debian.org, or choose the first hit in a search engine.

I would really like to see all the news, howto, message boards, planets,
wiki and other interesting sites around the Debian project integrated to
some degree with debian.org so people new to Debian more easily can get
an overview and see the amazing activity going on.

Debian is by no means the only project with this problem. GNOME, for
example, is busy redesigning and re-thinking their site and
infrastructure.

Maybe this can serve as a little bit of inspiration,
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/NewWgoStructure
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/LooknFeel

--
Cheers,