Re: A market perspective on the impact of dunc-tanc

IMHO, the idea of paying privileged, pet, mercenary developers, while
others
work for free, was a VERY BAD IDEA!  And it FAILED MISERABLY: (12-4-06
release? It's now 12-15-06 UT; still no release in sight).  How would
YOU feel working hard for $0/mo while someone else  gets paid (perhaps)
$6,000/mo for working on the same project?

Something akin to Gresham's Law applies here: money drives anything good
out.  Get the money out of Debian, before it becomes just an OpenSUSE
look-alike/wannabe.

Although I do really miss Debian Weekly News, I FULLY SUPPORT the
decision of it's editor to STOP WORK on it, and admire him standing up
for what is correct, something that seems to be missing recently in the
Debian project.

Final word: money isn't the answer to the problem, money IS the
problem.