Re: Which version

Kevin Mark wrote:
> or removed. The obvious case being m68k -- aka the orginal macs -- not
> being in Etch. In the upcoming release cycle -- lenny, I'd love to see
> m68k and other arch. still be here but they have an uphill battle no
> matter what distro you pick.

I don't really know, but past experience would indicate that debian (at
least) is about the last distro to drop support for any old hardware
[1]. After all, once installed you could still use the old software in
it's current state in a trusted environment.

We still use ms-dos computers in our lab (to control certain hardware),
but of course these computers are not running up-to-date software and
they are not connected to the internet.

Johannes

[1] footnote in
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch02s01.html#id307155