Re: Greetings and a minor rave!!

On 11 Dec 2006, andy wrote:

>    Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
>
> On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 09:48:18PM +0000, andy wrote:
>

> Am wondering how I go about getting mplayer and adobe acrobat? Any
> steers?
>

> mplayer is in unstable, but I don't know about etch. You can also get
> it, along with various codecs of questionable legality from
> [1]www.debian-multimedia.org. I believe he's also got acroread.

Have a look at vlc. I find it does more than mplayer - in particular, it
allows you to move back and forth easily or speed up the playing.

I find that xpdf does almost everything that acrobat does and is
probably easier to use. Keyjnote is prettier but slower.

A final thought; look at wajig for managing packages; it integrates dpkg
and apt-get and works better than aptitude for me.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian