large rendering

When using KDE, sometimes the rendering of the desktop will become too large, making things unusable, and requiring a reboot to fix. This occurs, usually, when I open a fullscreen game such as defendguin or supertux. In particular, if I've accidentally doubleclicked the mouse, when only a single click is required to start it from the desktop launcher (thereby opening two instances of the game, instead of one.)

Is there anyway to fix this? I don't have the same issue when using other desktop environments/window managers.

Mark