Re: Firefox crashing on gmail

On 12/6/06, Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:
Brian Durant wrote:

> Thanks. The interesting thing is that my xorg.conf already reads
> "DefaultDepth 24". I was positive that this was the same problem that
> I was experiencing - system freeze/crash with Gmail and Firefox. Hmm.
> As soon as I stopped using Firefox to read my Gmail account, the
> problem went away.
In that case, I'd try a different default depth altogether, such as 15,
just to see what happens.

You might also want to create a new user and log in as that user and
try, to make sure it's not user-specific.

You can also start Firefox in "safe mode" (Google; I don't recall the
switch) which disables all extensions, etc., (presumably flash and java
etc) to see what difference, if any, that makes.

The switch is '$ firefox -safe-mode'. I am running it now to test it.
In my case, I had Gmail running in Firefox and the screen saver kicked
in and at some point while I was browsing through some of my Linux
books, and everything just froze.

Cheers,

Brian