Re: Firefox crashing on gmail

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 16:05 +0530, Sridhar M.A. wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> since yesterday evening, firefox is crashing when I log on to the gmail
> account. This happens across all accounts on my box. I get the following
> message on the console after it crashes:

To me, the most sensible solution is to set up an actual email client
(like Evolution, for example) to access your GMail account(s) via POP
and SMTP.  For receiving, the server is simply pop.gmail.com with SSL
Encryption and Password as the authentication type.

For sending, it is smtp.gmail.com, SSL Encryption, Authentication Type:
Plain