Firefox crashing on gmail

Hello all,

since yesterday evening, firefox is crashing when I log on to the gmail
account. This happens across all accounts on my box. I get the following
message on the console after it crashes:

The program 'Gecko' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
  (Details: serial 67 error_code 8 request_code 147 minor_code 3)

I am running debian testing. I installed iceweasel from sid and tried.
Same result with the same message.

Is anyone facing a similar problem? Any pointers to get over this would
be helpful.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

God helps them that help themselves.
		-- Benjamin Franklin, "Poor Richard's Almanac"