Re: Mdadm Corruption

Hi Johannes,

Thanks for the reply, I'm well aware the device is a hardware raid
controller, but like most cheap raid card this unit uses the host CPU
to do the raid striping. I was concerned that if the card failed I
would lose my raid array, So I wanted to use mdadm so that I could just
replace the card with some other and have it continue working, as there
is no really advantage to the card as it uses the host CPU any way. The
other reason I choose the card is that it has 4 sata ports and my
current machine doesn't have any. The cards driver allows you to
disable the raid part of the controller and simply use it as a sata
expansion card.

And as for mdadm its been working fine untill now (18 Months). I belive
it was a power shortage but I'm not 100% sure, but the issues doesn't
lie with the card nor its abillities the issue is FSCK getting caught
in a perpetual loop.

I'm running debain 2.6.8-3-386 version 3.1 the SATA card is use the
open source driver proved by highpoint and has 4 x 200 GB western
didgital drives connected in a raid 5 configuration.

Thanks
Alex