apt-cdrom and dvd's

Dear Debian folks,

I tried using apt-cdrom add to let me scan my Sarge 3.1 r4 DVD I just burned.

But the machine sniffed for a CDROM in the CD RW drive and didn't go for the DVD in the DVD RW drive......

But there is no apt-dvd add command or so it seems?

Unless there is a hidden dumbness here, can anyone think of a way to get OS to sniff in my new DVD and e.g. add any new packages that are in there (the OS is nominally Sarge 3.1 r3 with some net upgrades but probably not absolutely everything......

At the moment if I choose a new package with apt it will direct me to the appropriate CDROM number in the Sarge CD set.

It would be nice if I can tweak it to default to the DVD number (either 1 or 2) instead.

Sorry about the dumbness and laziness and non manual bedtime reading and ignoring Eric S Raymond etc.

Regards

Michael Fothergill

It's Hotmail's 10th Birthday! Come and play Pass the Parcel http://www.msnpasstheparcel.com