Re: Mozilla resolving host problem

On 12/02/2006 01:40 PM, David Shultz wrote:
> Whenever  I browse any website, mozilla says
> "Resolving www.google.com <http://www.google.com>" and waits for about
> 15 seconds to resolve the host. I've disabled
> ipv6 but the problem is still there. Also I've
> checked the isp nameserver and they are fine.
> Does anyone has the same problem?
>
> --David

Yes, I have the same symptoms on sarge with firefox 1.5.0.8 (from
mozilla tarball) and network.dns.disableIPv6 true.  While firefox is
resolving the address, I can bring up a terminal, $ host 'url' and get
an ip address long before firefox gets it.  The problem is very
intermittent and usually not a problem.  Restarting firefox seems to
help.  (Rarely, I plug the ip directly into firefox.)

Regards,
Ralph