Re: My first apt-get upgrade casualty - phpmyadmin

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 15:52 -0600, Geoffrey R Thompson wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have been using Debian for about six months, and have yet to have
> any issues when upgrading system components with apt-get update /
> upgrade – until today…
>

> After updating phpmyadmin, I got a dialog box saying there is a
> conflict between my config file and the new one being offered.  I
> selected the ‘keep my config file’ option – hoping this would get me
> through.  In hindsight, I probably should have looked at the
> differences.
>

> After the upgrade, I started getting ‘Internal Server Error’ 500 538
> when going to the phpmyadmin page.  I tried a number of things,
> finally doing a apt-get –purge remove phpmyadmin and starting over –
> but I still have the same problem.
>

> Any ideas?
>

> Thanks in advance –
>

> Geoff

Just a question: have you restarted your server? This can be a real
annoyance when you discover that you should have been able to solve the
problem by typing

/etc/init.d/apache2 stop
/etc/init.d/apache2 start

as root. (Assuming you use Apache2, of course.)

--
Szia:
                        Nyizsa.

Avoid Bankruptcy - One Payment
Consolidate your debt into one payment. Free online estimate!
http://tagline.bidsystem.com/fc/BgLEQfI7qXfh07l2FgjFLjKw594KqSXymVHv/