very short leases from D-Link DI524

This may be a faulty bit of equipment, but equally I could be missing
something obvious again.  I have three boxes attached to a DLink DI524
wireless router, two cabled and one wireless.  All three get leases of
between 32 and 40 seconds.  The DLink controll web inrterface is set to
give a day.  I've tried other lengths of time too, but always get around
36 seconds.  The renewals are filling acres of logs and the resolv.conf
gets rewritten every time too.  Has anybody else seen this kind of
behaviour?

--
richard