Re: How can I update the pkg lists on a non-networked debian?

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 19:24:53 -0800, Jed R. Mallen wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have a non-networked debian box at home and a high-bandwidth XP box at work.
>
>I want to upgrade my Debian box.
>
>apt-zip says it can upgrade a non-networked box, but you have to have
>an updated pkg list for this to work.

You can manually download the package files and stick them in
/var/lib/apt/lists.  The easiest thing is of course to have a second
machine that is networked.

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the
government fears the people, there is liberty.
     -- Thomas Jefferson