CVS Limits

Hi there,

I have a CVS repository (hosted on Debian Sarge 3.1), and one of the directories has grown in size from a few thousand files, to over 11,000. The result of this is, if a wide ranging change is made, the CVS client throws a fit and errors with a protocol error - too many parameters. This may not be the place to ask, but does anyone know what the actual limit is? And is it per repository, or on a directory-wide basis? I guess if it's a directory limit, I can arrange to have the files segregated - but I am not the only user of the repository so that'd have to be agreed internally.

Cheers