Re: dhclient apparently not being run at boot

Can you display your /etc/network/interfaces file ?

On 11/20/06, Ismael Valladolid Torres <ivalladt@punkass.com> wrote:
I am suffering the same problem on two machines with a fairly
different setup. One of them is an AMD K8 running etch, the other is a
QEMU guest over Windows running sid. The problem seems to be the same:
dhclient is not being run at boot so machines don't get an IP then and
I need to run manually dhclient eth0 for them to see the network.

I've not seen this behaviour described as a bug in the dhcp3-client
package. Probably this isn't even a dhcp3-client bug.

Any ideas?

Cordially, Ismael
--
Ismael Valladolid Torres     "Il est vain de pleurer sur l'esprit, il suffit
                                  de travailler pour lui." Albert Camus