Re: how many CDs for v3.1 r3?

On 19.11.06 15:20, Kent West wrote:
> Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> > On 19.11.06 16:00, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> >
> >> better: /var;     ext3; 1 GB
> >>         /var/log; ext3; 500 MB
> >>

> > I don't see any reason to have them separate.

I should write "separate from each other"

> Because if some process starts spewing log entries left-and-right, only
> your /usr/log partition fills up rather than your entire /usr partition.

who does use /usr/log ? I thought it's /var/log :)

> > I mount /tmp on tmpfs (size-limited) and I think it's better to add this
> > space to swap, and use /tmp on tmpfs limited to 1 GB.
> >
> > However I haven't seen /tmp used that much for long time. Maybe in some
> > cases...

> Seems like if I download an .iso using Firefox to my home dir, it
> temporarily stores it in /tmp, meaning I have to have enough free space
> in /tmp to get the full .iso.

Oh, I know about this bug in mozilla products. And it's one of the most
popular bugs :) I think it was already solved somehow, in newer
mozilla(/firefox) versions.
"Where do you want to go to die?" [Microsoft]