Re: how many CDs for v3.1 r3?

A.

First of all you should not call yourself anonymous, tell us your real name.

I would like to know whether all these CDs have binary files or are
these also include CDs with
sources and documentation. If so, which ones of them?

As far as I know they include documentation and source code - thats in fact
one key-feature of free-software.

How much would it need for a complete install on a P-IV 2.5GHz with 256
MB RAM?
And how much for the disk space?

If you want to have a pretty installation create different partitions. Here is
my partition table. I use my system just as a desktop-computer:

directory; filesystem; size
root; ext3; 100 MB
/home; ext3; 10 GB
swap; SWAP; 1 GB // for swap rule of thumb is twice your ram (2*256)
/var; ext3; 1 GB
/tmp; ext3; 1 GB

Certainly there are *much* better setups. But at least it works for over one
year now.

Cheers

Sam