Re: xen memory

On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 05:45:41PM +0200, ccostin wrote:

> What's wrong with xen/domU configuration ?

  You're trying to allocating more memory than you have on the
 physical machine.

> Error: I need 32768 KiB, but dom0_min_mem is 65536 and shrinking to
> 65536 KiB would leave only -32768 KiB free.

  So you've set the minimum memory of dom0 to 64Mb, and that can't
 be shrunken/shrinked at all.  All the other memory is presumably
 in use by your domU instances, and there isn't enough free to
 give to a new instance.

  Shutdown an instance, or restart them all with less memory and
 you can start a new one.

  Xen doesn't allow overcommiting - so if you have 1Gb of memory
 you can only start four systems with 256Mb of memory.  You can't
 start eight!

  I hope that helps.

Steve
--