Re: vmware on debian etch

On Saturday 18 November 2006 7:02 am, H.S. wrote:

> I understand that VMware server is free. Are there any other
> applications from them that are free (workstation?).
Quite a few. check the vmware site.
> Once I install vmware server, I want to install Windows XP in the
> virtual machine. This is possible, right?
Yup. I got XP installed as a virtual machine.
> And, er .. a few hints how to
> go about this?
Once you got vmware server running, open up the admin console (GUI, not text
console). Upon opening, it asks which server to connect to, select local
host.
Then click on Create New Virtual Machine and follow the wizard.
One point here, once you've done creating the virtual machine, make sure you
load the installation CD of your selected OS (winXP) before clicking
the 'Power on this virtual machine' button.
Once you got the cd inserted, power on the virtual machine and from there, its
like switching on a new PC and installing your selected OS (winXP)

> I got stumped when my web interface didn't work. I am going to give it
> another try today with a fresh install.
I dunno about the web Interface as I use only the GUI admin console.

--
Random Quotes From Megas XLR
Coop: You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break