Re: vmware on debian etch

Russell Ost wrote:
I've been using VMware player and Workstation for over a year now. The default installation script works for both Sarge, and Etch without issue. My current image (Etch) can be found at www.netliving.com. VMware publishes a link to my server on VMTN. Over 10,000 images have been downloaded within the last 11 months. I update the virtual machine every few months. Hopefully, this helps spread the joy of Debian.

hoestly speaking, I am quite new to all this virtualization stuff. I started looking at it only yesterday, so I am going to ask a few newbie questions.

I understand that VMware server is free. Are there any other applications from them that are free (workstation?).

Once I install vmware server, I want to install Windows XP in the virtual machine. This is possible, right? And, er .. a few hints how to go about this?

I got stumped when my web interface didn't work. I am going to give it another try today with a fresh install.

thanks,
->HS