Interaktion between LVM and RAID

Hi All,

I'm using software RAID to protect against media errors, and then LVM
built ontop of the md device to allow for maximum versatility.

In the boot sequence LVM is started before mdadm.
On  one of my servers LVM detects a LVM-Superblock on one of the RAID
disks and claims this device as LVM disk.
When mdadm is started, the RAID array cannot be assembled correctly,
because one disk is already used by LVM.

I changed /etc/rcS.d/S25lvm to /etc/rcS.d/S26lvm and everthing worked fine.

I'd like to report this as a bug, but I don't know if LVM is too early
or mdadm is too late.

Can you please give me a hint?

Best Wishes,

Manfred

PS: I am not subscribed to the list (too much traffic), so a cc: would
be greatly appreciated.