Re: ViewSonic Widescreen and resolution settings

On Saturday 18 November 2006 01:44, Dave Bellows wrote:
> Yet another update.  I manually set the display size (according to the
> xorg wiki multiplying the resolution by the dot pitch) which did not
> help.  And then I looked at the log and saw this ominous looking line:
>
> Virtual Screen Size determined to be 1680x1200
>
> It should be 1680x1050.  Why is the virtual screen being set to a size
> larger than the actual resolution?

No idea.

I have had no problems on my current geforce fx and my old geforce 4 doing
1680x1050 (under testing), and I think that was both with the nv driver and
the nvidia one...

If the config file really is the same as on ununtu, then it is your version of
xorg or the nv module that does not like doing that resolution.

Anton

--
Anton Piatek
email: anton@piatek.co.uk       home: 02380 557 995