Re: ViewSonic Widescreen and resolution settings

Yet another update.  I manually set the display size (according to the
xorg wiki multiplying the resolution by the dot pitch) which did not
help.  And then I looked at the log and saw this ominous looking line:

Virtual Screen Size determined to be 1680x1200

It should be 1680x1050.  Why is the virtual screen being set to a size
larger than the actual resolution?