Re: vmware on debian etch

Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
On Friday 17 November 2006 16:33, H.S. wrote:

When I gave the 'vmware' command as normal user after the installation,
I got this error and no GUI:
{tmp}$> vmware
/usr/local/lib/vmware/bin/vmware:
/usr/local/lib/vmware/lib/libpng12.so.0/libpng12.so.0: no version
information available (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)
/usr/local/lib/vmware/bin/vmware:
/usr/local/lib/vmware/lib/libpng12.so.0/libpng12.so.0: no version
information available (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)
/usr/local/lib/vmware/bin/vmware:
/usr/local/lib/vmware/lib/libpng12.so.0/libpng12.so.0: no version
information available (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)

There is no server-side GUI with VMWare server. Use the VMWare server console to access the server-side process.

I am not sure I understand this. After the step I mentioned above, I got the web interface gui and was able to login. When I gave the 'vmware' command as a normal user, I got a GUI window in which I am now installing Windows XP after creating a new virtual machine. Is this the same GUI you are talking about? I haven't installed any other vmware packages yet (only the server and mui; no console). In the message bar at the bottom edge of the GUI window I do see a message sometimes that "vmware tools are not installed" or some such thing.

->HS